Workout of the Day
1. Burpees in 1 minute (record number of burpees)
2. Max L Hang / Max Tuck Hang (record max hold time)
3. Max Chest to Bar Pull Ups in 1 minute (record number of pull ups)
4. Max Right Leg Bulgarian Split Squat on 24″/20″ Box in 1 minutes (record number of squats)
5. Max Left Leg Bulgarian Split Squat on 24″/20″ Box in 1 minutes (record number of squats)
6. Max Leg Lifts (AKA: Reverse Leg Swings) in 2 minutes (record number of reps)
7. Max Handstand walk (record max distance)
8-9. Standing Balance Test w/ Arms to side in 1 minute (record max hold time on right and left side balance)
10. Pass-Through Test (record measurement of distance between hands)
11. Shoulder Reach Flexibility Test (record distance between hands)
*1 min Rest Between Exercises
Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am 56 years old, married for 25 years, I have owned a security company for 23 years and we live in Newport. We have 1 rescue dog and are looking for another.
How long have you been doing CrossFit?
I have been coming to CrossFit Costa Mesa consistently for about 1 year.
What time do you usually workout?
Tell us a little bit about your CrossFit experience.
I was looking for a workout that would get me excited and this does. I visited several CrossFit boxes and CFCM definitely stood out. The reason I continue to come to class is not because the facilities are awesome (they are!) but because of ALL of the coaches–you make the difference and I really appreciate all of your energy and attention to help me become better. I have lost about 10 pounds and gained muscle that I have never had and I feel better about myself!
What is something about you that others might be surprised to know?
Along with enjoying skiing, running, surfing, flying planes, scuba… I have been racing off road motorcycles since I was 5 years old. I have had the pleasure of representing our country at an international race in 2001, 05, 07 & 10. The race is 6 days long and is known as the ISDE which takes place in a different country each year.
What’s your favorite workout, lift or movement?
Overhead squats because they are the most challenging for me.
Where is your favorite place to eat out in OC?
Shunka Sushi in Costa Mesa.
Cleans -MTR- 2-2-2-2-2-2-2
Hang cleans -MTR- 2-2-2-2-2-2-2
*Don’t drop the bar until after the last lift, not between reps.
10 Ring Row
3 Wall Climb to Handstand