This morning, while I was doing my hundo sandbag get-ups (yes, more sandbags!), I started thinking about things changing… about the way that I currently experience life and my relationships… changing. Part of me started to feel a little bit unsettled and anxious, but then I caught myself. I thought about how many things in my life have not gone as I expected or planned or would have picked for myself, and yet they turned out to be a blessing. So then I thought, bring it! Whatever happens, let it be an opportunity for learning and growing.
I read the quote above tonight, and it reminded me of my thoughts this morning, and then about something I was told almost 3 years ago, when I was going through a rough time… feeling like I was just going in circles, not ever getting anywhere. My counselor told me that even when I “fail”, I am not going back to square one. I am not starting all over again, because I have learned things along the way, and all of these things are a part of the journey. It’s crazy to me how in hindsight, it is much easier to see how God works things out and can make something beautiful out of something messy. This thought brings me a lot of peace. It reminds me that sometimes the best I can do is just go with it… have grace with myself and faith that God is in control and his plan is perfect.
5 min. SMR, mobility, dynamic
1. PT: Glute/VMO
2. General Warmup: Spend some extra time on the foam and trigger point stuff today
3. Specific Warmup: None
4. WORKOUT: 100x Sand Bag get up @40# bag + 2k erg (broken however you want to split it up)–I did 500m row, 20 get-ups, 5x (a little more than a 2k row)
5. Supplemental: 3x 1-6 pull up ladder
6. Cool Down: 5-10 min. easy + 2-3 hard efforts
7. Meditation/Visualization: 20 min.