Phew… I made it. I think I was just really tired today. This is usually the case when several people ask me if I am ok… just not my usual chipper self, I guess. I think I am still not quite recovered from the weekend, and I have had several late nights followed by early mornings. My workout today went ok. It was a “medium day”, and wasn’t really too long, which was nice. I practiced muscle-ups a few times, but wasn’t able to get any. It will be nice when I can just hop up there and know that I will get one!
Pre-workout: 10 min. SMR, dynamic, mobility
1. General W/up: none
2. PT: 3 rounds 6x TGU (perfect reps), 8x x-body RDL, 10x GH-Rise
3. Specific W/up: BB Complex. In 5 sets work up to the load for the press (e.g. if I’m working up to 150#. 1×5@45#, 1×3@70#, 1×2@95#, 1×2@120, 1×2@145# – my rest time is the time it takes to change out the plates and take a few breaths)
4. Workout: “other”- Strength
Assume 90% of your best Press
2x Press @ 85% (of your 90%) (60#)
6x Wall-ball toss (as high as possible – catch with stiff arms – like you would stop your fall on a depth jump) @14#
rest 3min between, 6x
Use 90% of your best Front Squat as your 1RM
2x BOR @ 85% (140#)
rest 90″ between
6 rounds (2’s)
Gymnastics – HSPU/Dip 2x every 60 sec. for 10 min.
Core – X-Walk + march 4x (2x ea side) (35/62#)
6. Cool Down: 5 min. easy erg + 2-3 hard efforts
7. Meditation/ Visualization: 20 min. breathing (I didn’t do this today)
I was supposed to do 30/30’s for my second workout… my favorite 😉 I think I may have broken if I had to do this today. Fortunately, Steve told me I didn’t have to do them. I ended up doing an easy 30 minute row outside instead. It was nice.
Here is what I was saved from…
Secondary: 2×10 30/30’s (except burpees – they are 45/45’s)
5x Erg (at your best 500m split), rest 2:30 then,
3x Ski-erg (at sprint), rest 1:30 then,
2x (45 sec./45 sec. rest) burpee
rest 5 min.